Apply today by sending your application to email@example.com!
Parker Street Food & Furniture Bank is the largest independent food and furniture bank in Nova Scotia! We strive everyday to fulfill our vision of creating a hunger-free community and improving the lives of those in need in our community in a caring and compassionate manner.
We are currently looking for friendly, hardworking and organized individuals to join our team as Truck Drivers. Applicants must be at least 25 years of age and have a clean driving abstract for the past 5 years.
Please note that this job is physically demanding and applicants must be able to lift and maneuver 50+ lbs safely. Communication skills and experience operating a 3-ton or 5-ton truck are considered valuable assets.
- The Truck Driver’s primary role includes picking up and delivering furniture, food and other goods, as determined by the Furniture Coordinator.
- Truck Drivers will report to the Director of Furniture and Stores for information regarding , work schedule, your job performance and any issues pertaining to them.
- Drive Parker Street’s with due care and attention
- Comply with all provincial traffic laws while driving Parker Street’s vehicles
- Where required per provincial and federal regulations, a vehicle logbook must be completed
- Report any vehicle issues to the Director of Furniture and Stores
- Weekly maintenance and cleaning of vehicles
- Unloading and loading furniture, food and other goods on and off the trucks
- Assist clients with donations of furniture, food and other goods
- Assist clients when they pick up furniture
- Handle deliveries with proper care and concern
- Exercise courtesy, politeness and respect in every aspect of dealing with our clients and donors
- Exercise a large degree of caution and care when carrying furniture and goods in the homes of donors; be especially mindful of walls, doorways, lights and other items
- Other duties as may be requested
- Maintain a blemish-free driver’s abstract
- Demonstrated driving abilities
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Takes pride in a job well done
- Physical ability to lift and carry heavy furniture
- Willingness to learn
- Building maintenance experience would be an asset
- Approximately 40 hours per week
- Suggested shift: 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday to Friday