Dress up. Cause Chaos. DO GOOD!
The Hali-ditarod takes the famous Alaskan Iditarod race and replaces the dogs with people, snow gear is replaced by costumes and the sleds are shopping carts. This one-of-kind event incorporates a shopping cart race, costume contest, games, and food and fundraising drive to end up with a great time for everyone. Parker Street Food & Furniture Bank is pleased to introduce this wacky and unique, fun-for-all event to Halifax!
Download the Registration Form
Objective: Have Fun!
- Be the first team to complete the race between check points around the Emera Oval.
- Create a team ‘theme’ for your team members and cart. Be wild, be wacky!
- Participate in challenges at each check point.
- Bring in as much food and raise as much money as possible in support of Parker Street Food & Furniture Bank.
Date: Sunday, May 28, 2017
Time: 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Location: Emera Oval
Every Hali-ditarod team, consisting of five members: four pullers and one musher, has to show up to the starting line with enough non-perishable food to fill a shopping cart. At the end of the race, all the food will be donated to Parker Street Food & Furniture Bank.
Each team is asked to contribute $250 ($50 per team member) to enter. YOU MAY ENTER A TEAM IF YOU HAVE NOT RAISED $250, HOWEVER, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES.Ask your employer/friends/family/neighbors to make a pledge! All donations of $10 or more will receive a tax receipt. Each team competes against the other teams for the elusive — exclusive — Most Epic Fundraiser Prize!
Teams race to each of the required check points where they participate in various silly/fun challenges. The team with the fastest time wins.
Besides getting signed up you’ll need the following:
- A team of 5 people and a team theme – There are awesome trophies for best team theme so go all out.
- Show up a few hours before the race to decorate your shopping cart according to your team theme. Carts will be supplied and kept at Parker Street until event day.
- Bring enough food to fill a shopping cart
- Pledge sheets and donations must be submitted to Parker Street by Friday, May 19, 2017
Hali-ditaroders work hard. Each team will choose their own way to rock at the race. Some want to be the fastest, some want to raise the most money, some want to have the best costume. We want to recognize all the hard work and dedication that you put into making Hali-ditarod so EPIC and AWESOME.
Below are the prize categories. Winners receive a very special Hali-ditarod trophy, prizes, fame and glory.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Time – For those teams who actually want to run the race for time. Crazy, we know.
- Most Epic Fundraiser – The person that went for the moon with fundraising. They hit up all their friends, colleagues and relatives.
- Dead Last – There’s no shame in being last…you were there!
- Best Fun Team Concept –Your costumes and cart ROCK!